Monday, November 24, 2014

Posted by Pedro Aijon

A look into the mind of the character Jake

The letter Jake never sent to his father


I knew you would leave... Surprises don't exist any more, just disappointment and alcohol. Many years ago I could smile when you were around, now all of those smiles make me angry because reminds me that you are not here anymore. You've made your choice and decided to live your life without thinking about us. We've always forgiven you, at least Mom and Sally. Frankie doesn't even know. And it will be better if he never knows. It's better to have a blurred happy memory than a disturbed creepy one.
Beside all the pain you have costed, there's a part of me that doesn't hate you. I'm too tired inside to be able to do it. I wish but I can't. Sometimes I blame myself because I could've been the reason why you left. Something that I did wrong, stuff like that. Now I don't know what to do. Seeing Mom like this... I don't even recognize her. I'm trying to take care of everyone, but is so hard, dad. I don't even have time for me. The thoughts in my head fly as fast as one of your planes... I wish I could fly too. Being there on top of the world. Visiting you wherever you are for lunch and then come back home for supper with Mom, Sally and Frankie.
I want to understand you... Do you think I will be like you? I'm scared.
Your s.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment